Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 Aluminum BB's?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

iamscottym
Probation 2/06



Member Since: 02/01/2004

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  01:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamscottym's Homepage  Send iamscottym an AOL message  Reply with Quote
never tried them, but i am very familiar with mcmaster. just check out the tolerance...they may be expensive, but they've got hella good tolerances(+-.001 or better, as opposed to airsoft bbs..+-.02 or so)...just check the properties, some ceramics would shatter if they hit brick or something.
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a million guys !
Do you recommend these for tanaka gas rifles ?
Go to Top of Page

brainycheddar
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 02/04/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  01:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit brainycheddar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, I have had lots of expirience with them, mostly expirimenting with AEG's (back in my early days I used them as "rounds for enforcement against cheaters" along with my 6mm ball bearings, but I never shot anyone)range was pretty bad as I recall, accuracy was good because they are not affected by the elements (or hop-up) great penetration at clsoe ranges, but only good an a very fast shooting gun with little hop-up issues
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  2:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh ok thanks . I knew it was too good to be true lol .
Actually I'll buy a bag for my future SMG .

thx brainy
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  2:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wait what about MP40s ? They might have brass barrels , they're electric .
Do you think it would be good for them ?
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i wouldn't use aluminum bb's in an auto, just stick to plastic, much cheaper too.
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  6:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean because of the price or ?
I will carry 6 MP40 mags in pouches , at $30 , I think I can afford it if I buy one each time I get ammo and gas .
Two mags will have aluminum BBs , 2 tracers and 2 regular or 0.24g BBs .
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  8:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The price, but then the weight of them, and then apparently they leave a little stuff in your barrel, and it is a pain to strip AEG's to the barrel. But its your choice, it won't be bad for the gun.
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So , by cleaning the barrel after each mag I can reduce the risk of loosing it ?
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  07:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, you will need to clean your gun every time you use it at least. Do you really wan't to shoot one mag, and then spend 30 minutes cleaning your gun, then shooting another mag. Also, why do you want to shoot them, they won't go far, and they aren't cheap.
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well , maybe not .
I'll stick to .20s and .24s .

I'd use aluminum BBs in really close combat .
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aluminum bb's would not be better than plastic ones of the same weight.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000