Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Clothing/Gear
 RAID UNIFORM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FISTER
Private



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit FISTER's Homepage  Send FISTER a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my custom made RAID BDU's, All I wanted was pockets on the sleeve with Velcro. Since I wear MOD II Body armor in airsoft events, I wanted easy access and a better place to keep my bad habit from getting crushed and easy access for other little things during the game. So I could put hard earned patches, other hooah stuff and what team or special event I'm at. Another Idea is to make Blue and Red Squares with Velcro for color coded events Events to signify what team your on. I have been interested in RAID uniforms since I first saw them In Iraq. I have wanted a set since. I wanted to quit using my work clothes for airsoft so I decide to dedicate a pair for it. I have a few old sets of BDU's sitting around So I decided to give my own hand at making some. I figured since I took home economics in High School it wouldn't take me long to figure out how to sow again. After about 6 hrs of trial and error I finally got a decent and quality product with my BDU's. It took two sets to make. At first I wanted to remove the pockets on the bottom of the uniform but All BDU's will fade with constant use. they don't fade under the pockets and patches as you will notice in the pictures. So I decided to just use two tops and combine them into one good airsoft uniform.

My custom made RAID DCU's Never wore them but had them since the beginning of 2003 (notice the tag). This is a new uniform with no fading so I just removed the lower pockets and placed them on the arms.

both have the Velcro on the sleeve pockets sleeves are canted to about 20 degrees for easy access to them while wearing the uniform. This is all I have done to them so far.

Closer view of pockets


A pile of airsoft gear with my RAID, FSBE's and SOC 16.

Me wearing my BDU raid in my SOF pose.

I wanted to have the pockets removed since the TF21 guys I saw in Baghdad used to wear their DCU tops tucked into there trousers. This was to keep the bottom of their shirt from getting snagged on stuff when clearing rooms. And nobody ever uses them pockets anyways.

Shadowhawk
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/04/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  6:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shadowhawk's Homepage  Send Shadowhawk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like the "Al Qaeda Hunting Club" patch. I take it you have been to Iraq?
Go to Top of Page

FISTER
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/02/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  6:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit FISTER's Homepage  Send FISTER a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes i have
Go to Top of Page

-Razgriz-
BANNED



Belize
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit -Razgriz-'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Nice loadout!


I really do like it.
Go to Top of Page

djblingbling1
Captain



USA
Member Since: 10/17/2004

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit djblingbling1's Homepage  Send djblingbling1 an AOL message  Click to see djblingbling1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice Job. Really nice.
Go to Top of Page

derrick007
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/17/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit derrick007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
man, i wish my loadout was that modern. I let my dad pick out what he thaouhgt was the state of the art equipment, because he actualy was in the 82nd and has combat experiance, but i ended up with Vietnam era Jungle boots, Tiger stripe BDUs, and a steel pot helmet. it realy looks out of place with an MP5. MP5 and vietnam dont mix. And, thanks for all you do in the Military. you guys in Iraq realy are heros to me. by the way, i got a cousin, Anthony, in 3rd Inf. you know him? J/k
Go to Top of Page

Shadowhawk
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/04/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shadowhawk's Homepage  Send Shadowhawk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, I got a friend in camp Ramadi (sp?) Iraq last time i heard from him.

Wouldnt you get over heated wearing a vest in that hot of weather (i think its like 120 degrees during day, and like 80 at night)
Go to Top of Page

FISTER
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/02/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit FISTER's Homepage  Send FISTER a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
try 140 degrees during the day and 100 degrees at night and yes you will where your body armor, and Mitch, in the sun.

Keep in mind, I made these myself using my wifes antique sowing machine. The idea is so fellow airsofters can know that you can do things your self if you put thought and a little time into it. I have seen a lot of people use there imagination for props for airsoft events. You can go to about any hobby center and buy the stuff to do this with about any BDU's as long as you have the time and will to do it, it doesn't cost hardly anything. Use your imagination, this is why I like to airsoft. working as a team do something and inginuity.

I would not say Tiger stripe is out of date it is one of my favorite uniform desisigns for a very long time. I even had a pair of tiger stripe BDU bottoms about 20 years ago (I'm OLD). With a little imagination you could get them to look modern. Mybe sell or keep your steal pot and get a protec syle helmet, do rag (Me in my PIC), or just a base ball hat (not to bright) and you will look modern. It doesn't matter what kind of Kit or equiptment you are carring. I still have LBE, and LBV that I where at work. I just got lucky with my FSBE the tricolor desert is a real FSBE btw and the green is fake. You don't have to buy everything for airsoft, It can be made.

I appreciate all the comments about my service, but lets try to stay on airsoft, I don't want to get the thread locked.

Thank You
Thanks.

-Edit: I don't mind the discussion of the patches as well in this instance, as it is part of what brought you to airsoft, and what experiences you've had. It is much the same as a form of "AAR". As long as discussion doesn't dwell on the patches and remains focused predominantly on the uniforms, I don't foresee a problem. You're doing a great job of policing your own thread, which is a great reassurance to me. Thank you for that. (PS-Great job on the uniforms!!!) ~Chaser
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000