Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Clothing/Gear
 My gear THE SCOUT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darkghost
Sergeant



Member Since:

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  3:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit darkghost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm planning to be a scout and this is my gear, some of it still being assembled/gotten/made, any suggestions would help.

-Ghillie suit bushrag

-M4

-springer pistol

-ammo

-web gear

-BDU's

-Paintball mask

-Neoprene gloves

-Camo mask

-boonie hat

-boots

-med kit

-compass, map, etc.

-water bladder + water bladder pack

-Radio

Any suggestions would help, but remember, my gear has gotta be light and minimal bulk, because I'm running thru brush and stuff. I gotta be able to hide and if compromised, haul butt outta there.

iamscottym
Probation 2/06



Member Since: 02/01/2004

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  10:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamscottym's Homepage  Send iamscottym an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmmm...well, it looks pretty good. are you required to wear boots? i prefer trail runners, being required to wear boots is a big reason i havent joined CAA. also- web gear..i dont use any, though i use mostly high caps, and a few standards. id say ditch it if you can. the springer...might as well ditch that too. reason being, it doesnt have the range to really do anything(ie: for a stealthy shot where your aeg will give you away) and the time it takes to cock and fire a couple rounds is more than changing your mag. i do carry a sidearm, though its a kwa g19 so its small and packs a punch..and if you hold the slide to keep it from blowing back you can pull off stealth shots
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't bother bringing a 'med kit' in your carry gear. theres really no point. if you get hurt bad enough to require a med kit, games over for you anyhow, limp back to the parking lot and fix yourself up there.

You might want to replace the webgear with some chest pouches, it will be lighter all around and you won't be tempted to fill it up with things you don't need since it will only hold magazines. also less metal clasper things means less jingling when you run.

http://www.wgcshop.com//WGC_Shop/images/just_cg_ve010600od.jpg something like that. and a hydration pack is all you want if you want low drag high speed.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

Starship Trooper
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/10/2004

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Starship Trooper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about some binoculars? I've used them a number of times in woodland games acting as a "spotter" for my team. Which, I guess, was similar to the role of "scout" except we were defending a flag so I didn't have to actually go otu and scout...

But I digress, binoculars (even a smallish pair)can be useful on the battlefield. They increase you range of vision, ability to ID targets, and can give you a better idea of the lay of the land.
Go to Top of Page

darkghost
Sergeant



Member Since: 06/29/2004

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit darkghost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Binocs is a good idea, also I have a springer in case my main fails.
Go to Top of Page

Gray Fox
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 01/11/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gray Fox's Homepage  Send Gray Fox an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't underestimate the Springer pistols... They can truly be effective if you know how yours shoots. I would carry mine with me but I don't have a holster :(

If you want, you can put a zoom scope on your m4 and ditch the binocs, OR you could keep the binocs and get a reddot since you use a PB mask. (just a suggestion I would look into)

I would try to drop the WEB gear, And the Med kit UNLESS you play with possible dangerous
animals/insects.

I would lose the Boonie if you use the PB mask because most have Visors unless you're just trying to break up your outline with it. Other than that it looks like a good set up.
Go to Top of Page

Foxtrot23
Private



USA
Member Since: 10/12/2005

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  06:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Foxtrot23's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd keep a spring handgun as backup or last resort. Binocs might work good too, but youd have to watch out for any bbs going into it, and it might be hard to see if you use a PB mask. Red Dot scope might work good, unless you want a different sight, red dots have little, if any zoom, so its best for CQB. Boonie hats work great, you can take a simple 1$ net or fishnet maybe, and throw it over your boonie with foliage and stuff for camofluage without worrying about getting it all in your hair, but if you use a PB mask (which id just use goggles and something else) ther visor might workf for you. Med kit, i agree, unless your actually going to use it. if you want it for looks, id just get a med kit bag from a surplus store and put something in it. Compass is probably best too, and a map (would work better with something covering it from rain.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000