Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Custom TM Boys M933 Version 5.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  3:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Custom Boys M4 Version 5.0



(Scroll Down for New Part)

Some of you may be wondering why this gun looks different from the previous ones. As some of you may know, my painting skills are severely lacking, and in experimenting with my original TM M4B, I painted over the trademarks. At the time, Illicom was thinking about modifying guns for profit, and we started talking about ideas. Pretty soon, I started missing my trademarks, and Illicom who conveniently had one to mod seemed like a good choice to go for. I made an offer and I told him and taught him to implement all the modifications done to my gun (external). This included a barrel chop, an LE stock, a chopped the carrying handle, 2 rails, and a fore grip. We asked Inferno what the H.E. stuff he used was, and he said it was Dupli Truck Bed Liner, which Illicom went out and bought. He covered the fore grips and the pistol grip. When the gun came, I was surprised. Not only by the workmanship, but also by the packing. The thing had to be bulletproof. The box was filled with so much bubble tape that I had to get my brother to help me unpack it. If you guys want some quality modifications done, contact him. He's pretty good.

Now, on to my part. When the modifications were ordered, I asked him not to close any holes, so I could open my gun to transplant my gearbox (more on that later). Due to miscommunication on my part, the barrel chop was longer than I had wanted, go I grabbed the old hacksaw and epoxy and started cutting. 15 minutes later, I had what I wanted. For some reason, the epoxy Illicom used wasn't very strong (I think it was the weather changes from Texas to Socal). The top rail fell when I mounted my red dot (NCStar 30mm Aimpoint Replica) and the bottom fell off when I tried the fore grip. The back of the stock fell off when I took the stock off to disassemble the gun. All parts were epoxied back on.

The external modifications were pretty simple. A red dot mounted on the fore grip (if mounted on the flat top, it would be too high) which lines up with my iron sights, and a 16 LED flashlight mounted to the side of the hand guard to replicate a Surefire M500A hand guard, which doesn’t really look like it =(. And yes, I’m aware that one of the LEDs has crapped out on me (stupid Jungletoy...).



Now, internal modifications. As some of you may know (using that a lot today aren't I?) my internal modifications are what makes up my gun. The gearbox transfer was incredibly easy, as when the gun is disassembled, the gearbox is self-contained, and once you remove the battery metal contacts, which are connected to the gearbox, the gearbox can be taken out. I switched some of the parts (gears) due to some wear and tear. Installed in my original gearbox was a used TM Mk23 HGHU spring from the classifieds. I also removed the spacer, which seemed to be decreasing my long-term durability. I also felt that a Systema High Speed Motor (Short Type) would be nice, and I made it my mission to install one. It was hard. The gearbox and external body had to be shaved so it could fit. My Dad did the rewiring. All these upgrades made my gun a little louder, so I inserted some foam inserts in order to quiet it. I'm looking around for people who can make metal gears for me, so if any of you can, email me and we can talk. I also haven’t had a chance to chronograph my new settings so until I do, I’ll just post my older ones.

All the holes were then filled up (Sight Chop) so that I could reopen it again if needed. Athletic tape grips were added to provide more mass for me to hold. The barrel chop and sight chop are straightforward; cut them off and put them back on. The L.E. stock is much like the above. You cut off the butt of the stock, then cut into what’s left at an angle, then epoxy the butt back on.

I epoxied the mags together and made double mag clamps. Now it's easier to reload.
Four Magazines=112 rounds (being fair) or 720 rounds (reservoir)

Paint was also added. Tan parts courtesy of MarksmanOne. Stock was LE'ed as usual.

New Part
I know what you guys are thinking. Another one!? Well, this will probably be the last version, as seeing I have run out of things to put/add on. I extended the stock using my older TM M4. I cut the stock tube off, and put it on this one. 6 postions now!


Statistics
FPS: 234.7
Total Range: 157 feet (Where it drops)
Effective Range: 80 feet
RPS: 19 (7.2) 23 (9v)
Hop Up: Adjustable
Length: Stock Extended: 25 inches
Length: Stock Retracted: 21.5 inches
Sights: Spec-Ops Style Iron Sights, Aimpoint Red Dot Mounted on Fore grip Rail
BB: 0.12 (Haven't used .20s yet)

Modifications:

Internal:
Upgraded to 235 fps
Disabled Secondary (Pistol Safety)
Foam Inserts, Quieter
Systema Short High Speed Motor

External:
Chopped up the Sight
Rails on top and bottom of hand guard
Commando Barrel Hack
Bigger Pistol Grip
REAL Fore grip
Trademarks
L.E. Stock
H.E. Coating
New Paintjob/Parts
Double Mag Clamps
Six-Postition Stock

Questions, opinions, compliements, and constructive criticism are welcomed. No "your gun sucks" without any reasons. I want to improve, not flame.

For future reference, if you have any space gears (or metal ones) please contact me. I'm in need of those as my gun seems to chew gears quickly.

Sound file:
If anyone is interested in the ROF of this gun, I recorded it. Unfortunately, it was on low battery. Its charging right now. I might make a new one, but in order for you to hear the sound, I have to stick the mic up the mag well, which means i have to dry fire it.
And yes, the screeching sound is the motor.
And now, courtesy of Illicom (who I now love), here is the file:
http://www.airsoft-online.8m.com/M933.MP3

Comments? Questions?

Before Paint:





Older Versions
Version 4.0
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71080
Version 3.0
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=69258
Version 2.0
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62501
Version 1.0
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59787

BigPhish038
Probation 04/05



USA
Member Since: 03/12/2005

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  3:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigPhish038's Homepage  Send BigPhish038 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks great and all... but with so many version, I think your rank posting :-D
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  3:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lol. Don't worry, i'm not. Why go through so many versions just to get a few posts?
Go to Top of Page

PVT Caboose
Captain



USA
Member Since: 04/14/2005

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  7:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit PVT Caboose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the gun. It is amazing how far you have gotten with it.
Go to Top of Page

airsoftb4paintball
Sergeant

Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  10:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoftb4paintball's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah i have seen every one of them. I think that you need to spray paint some more green color in there. It looks nice, but it needs more parts to make it look rEALLy nice!


GREAT job!
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  11:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page

PVT Caboose
Captain



USA
Member Since: 04/14/2005

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  06:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit PVT Caboose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh nice, I just noticed the spec op sight is cut cleaner. Sweet. I think you should paint the RIS handle tho.
Go to Top of Page

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  5:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good job, but i like how the Red Dot was more toward the middle than in the wayyy back. My opinion.
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  5:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can move it back whenever, but this balances the gun much more. The RIS and the flashlight and foregrip make it weigh 6 pounds.
Go to Top of Page

Agent007
Sergeant



Member Since: 03/15/2005

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  6:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Agent007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look nice. I like the paintjob, its coming out nicely. Are you planning on painting any other part of the gun?
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  6:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not that I know of. MarksmanOne painted it, not me.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How is this working now?

Are the gears stripped and does it really do 235FPS?
If so then these Boys type gearboxes might have a little future.

Also What type red dot is that? Please don't say it's one of the $50 types.

Don't be facetious. This is a serious inquiry since I have a lot of the Boys type gearbox guns.
Go to Top of Page

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  4:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NcStar Aimpoint Replica. $30 at most places
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The gun really does 234.7 fps. I chronpgrahed it myself. I don't remember the model, but I posted it on some earlier thread. If you really want proof, go ahead and look for it.

The sound clip itself basically stripped the gears. I only use it when I have a need for massive ROF. I now use my GB MP5SD5.
Boys gearboxes are obsolete now. Go for the UTG MP5, BE AUG, or the GB MP5/
And Eddy is correct. It's the NCStar Aimpoint Replica.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  08:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justsomeguy

The gun really does 234.7 fps. I chronpgrahed it myself. I don't remember the model, but I posted it on some earlier thread. If you really want proof, go ahead and look for it.

The sound clip itself basically stripped the gears. I only use it when I have a need for massive ROF. I now use my GB MP5SD5.
Boys gearboxes are obsolete now. Go for the UTG MP5, BE AUG, or the GB MP5/
And Eddy is correct. It's the NCStar Aimpoint Replica.



Obsolete or not look at the number of guns I have with them in it. Extra oomph is always good. And As I said I'm not one for shooting someone close range over 250+ FPS. Most like these gerabox type guns will end up being showpieces but I want them to have a bit of a sting too. Thanks for the info
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000