Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 FYI UTG Navy Seal MP5 A4/A5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

krome
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit krome's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was looking in Shortyusa.som and saw that the new Mp5 are there.As for info they say it's chrono at 260 fps with 2g. bb's,retails for $129.99 + s&h.Any body out there know if this is true about the 260 fps?

cheap-gun
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/07/2003

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheap-gun's Homepage  Click to see cheap-gun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
first off this is kinda old news, but i dont care.

its got a metal gearbox and metal gears so they wouldnt make it out of metal if it shot 130 fps.
so it obviously shoots more than 200. shorty arent the biggest liars about fps but i wont trust em. im waiting and ill get a varified chrono from some on here
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just finished up ordering one on shorty. The insiders special made it 99.99 plus 5 bucks shipping so I got that, a UTG 870 shotgun, a tenpack of Star lo caps and a tangfolio witness (gotta love the credit card).

Also should mention that they are selling the spare hi-cap k-style mags for an extra 9.99... might be good for other mp5 owners as well ... if you like k's... (I do)

I have pretty good camera skills so when this all comes in I'll take some pictures for you and verify the FPS (the po' mans way).
I have a version one sd5 (src) in pieces so one of the things I'm interested in is seeing if the sd front half will fit nicely onto the UTG receiver... if it does I'll have sd5/6 and A4/5 variations!

the ROOB

by the way this is my first post... hi I've been lurking the forum for almost 7months.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the ROOB

I just finished up ordering one on shorty. The insiders special made it 99.99 plus 5 bucks shipping so I got that, a UTG 870 shotgun, a tenpack of Star lo caps and a tangfolio witness (gotta love the credit card).

Also should mention that they are selling the spare hi-cap k-style mags for an extra 9.99... might be good for other mp5 owners as well ... if you like k's... (I do)

I have pretty good camera skills so when this all comes in I'll take some pictures for you and verify the FPS (the po' mans way).
I have a version one sd5 (src) in pieces so one of the things I'm interested in is seeing if the sd front half will fit nicely onto the UTG receiver... if it does I'll have sd5/6 and A4/5 variations!

the ROOB

by the way this is my first post... hi I've been lurking the forum for almost 7months.




Just got mine too!! Crap. I am one big MP5 junkie. I was about to mod my Marui with a GB SD front end with RIS rails and use the Marui front end On the donor GB for an A series MP5. Dude I hate you! Look what you made me do. Heheh...Seriously, Good scoop. Guys sign up to be an insider. Watch this thing be like the AUG and be $50-$60 bucks by the end of the month!
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope it does drop to 50 or 60 bucks. I'll get two more for a loaner and a certain xl AKspetz project I have been day-dreaming about.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How do you get the insider special? I''m signed in but it still comes out to 140.
Go to Top of Page

gunblazer
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  1:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit gunblazer's Homepage  Send gunblazer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you scroll down on main page. if its avaliable for insider special then you see it.
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  1:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh. Thank you. I tried ordering it off of the normal electric page.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  1:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At $99 shouldn't this be considered an MPEG and, until proven, not an AEG yet? The Aug should also be considered an MPEG.
Go to Top of Page

1337_n00b
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/20/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  2:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1337_n00b's Homepage  Send 1337_n00b an AOL message  Click to see 1337_n00b's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well we will see as i am also ordering a M100 spring from airsoftatlanta.com to see if i can upgrade but hell its so cheap it doesnt matter if it breaks.
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  2:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont think price determines what catagory a gun is placed into. Unless of course you meen Mid Price Electric Gun.
Go to Top of Page

gunblazer
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit gunblazer's Homepage  Send gunblazer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this is an awesome price...to bad i have insuffienct funds....hope the deal lasts for a while. Good to have someone test out the gun first too.
Go to Top of Page

nijado
Private

Member Since: 05/14/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit nijado's Homepage  Reply with Quote
err, my insider specail is showing at 125 dollars instead of 99.....
Go to Top of Page

Seris
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/08/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  4:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seris's Homepage  Send Seris an AOL message  Send Seris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i ordered it with an extra highcap and lube. And they i got 2nd day air and it all came out to 137 i love shortys insider speacials so hhopefully i get uber fast and i can let you guys know how it is unless some1 smarter then me already has a review up by the time i get it
Go to Top of Page

pReCiSiOn
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/03/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  5:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pReCiSiOn's Homepage  Send pReCiSiOn an AOL message  Click to see pReCiSiOn's MSN Messenger address  Send pReCiSiOn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How do you get the "insider special"??!?
Go to Top of Page

gunblazer
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  6:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit gunblazer's Homepage  Send gunblazer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you sign up for membership
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  7:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
shorty has their 'insider specials' for members, if you bought something there previously then you are probably a member (it's free to sign up to be a member when you check out your first order IIRC). The items on insider special are listed way down on the front page so I missed it and didn't notice the special until I was at the 'last chance before checkout' page and so I went back and changed my order... a 40 dollar near miss!

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

darthbudge
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  7:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit darthbudge's Homepage  Send darthbudge an AOL message  Send darthbudge a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can some one post the link for shorty?
My other question is would this be better then a Be aug?
Go to Top of Page

Sgt. Saunders
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/15/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  7:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt. Saunders's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it is as good as the retailers are saying, it would blow the BE AUG out of the water.
Go to Top of Page

gunblazer
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  8:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit gunblazer's Homepage  Send gunblazer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
www.shortyusa.com have fun
Go to Top of Page

tedtay17
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tedtay17's Homepage  Send tedtay17 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i wanna get one just gotta convince my dad to order it for me
Go to Top of Page

1337_n00b
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/20/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  9:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1337_n00b's Homepage  Send 1337_n00b an AOL message  Click to see 1337_n00b's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well super duper for you!!!!( I ordered one so should you) Ill let you guys know as soon as i get it which will hopefully be tomorrow!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  08:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ofpr

I dont think price determines what catagory a gun is placed into. Unless of course you meen Mid Price Electric Gun.



Med Power 180-230 FPS range
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the ROOB

I hope it does drop to 50 or 60 bucks. I'll get two more for a loaner and a certain xl AKspetz project I have been day-dreaming about.

ROOB


A Loaner? Are you nuts? Get a V2 GB MP5SD. Way cheaper and quite powerful. Also since from what I've seen between it and the marui, Aftermarket external as well as some internal parts are interchangeable.
You would be able to test stuff you want to do to you AEG/MPEG on the Lpeg without risking a $150+ investment. That's what I love about these Lpegs. The tinker-ablility and some are quite realistic replicas requiring only cosmetic additions for display purposes. I'm even going to turn some into working mechanical replicas with more plastic. Of course they won't shoot but they will be like the real things internally and externally.
Go to Top of Page

warthogism
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/22/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit warthogism's Homepage  Click to see warthogism's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh man, why does it have to be so cheap?? I thought I was done buying guns (i've already got about 10 or so), but with a deal like this, I'm not sure if I can resist. My wallet is already empty as it is...if it performs on par with a marui, this deal is a steal.

welcome ROOB. I've also got one of these cheap-ass mp5s lying around. It'd be great to see if they do fit. Report back here, if you please.

*edit*
well I just took the plunge.
99.99 + 4.99 + 5.99 = 110.97 (stupid double shipping).
not a bad deal if it turns out to be any good.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  2:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok i just got mine thanks to some over night $24 shipping. and wow worth the money it kick azz. Im saying 260-280 easy. havent got it to a crono but i did the test shot to my leg and it leavs the same welt as my TM MP5 SD5. I'll post some pics later i just cant stop messing with it. shorty said the gears and stuff can be hoped up so im gonna crack it open in a few take pics of the guts and see if i can drop in my systma gears.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000