Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 BE-TECH Steyr AUG Review (Now with pictures!!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

chief chicken
Private



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  10:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit chief chicken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry if this is not the right place to put a review, but I got excited and wanted to put it here anyways...

The box: the box looks just like a Tokyo Marui box, just that it smells worse, and it has bad translations, such as "Emulational High-powered Nicety, or Adapt the crowdover 18 years of age usage" It is black on the two sides, and has blue in the middle, with the picture of the Steyr on it. The inside is foam, and is covered in a weird plastic that sticks to the foam sort of, and it smells pretty bad when you take the plastic off.

inside the box: The Steyr AUG with the handle already out, and the magazine already in, a BB speed load(the ones tat you open at the top, put in BB's, and push a button up and down to make BB's go in), shooting glasses, BB's(low quality ones, do not use with the gun), battery, the charger, a scope(does not zoom), and 2 iron sights(one back, one front).

The gun: It's suppose to be an exact replica of a TM gun, but just has lower FPS, and is made of plastic that is not as good. It has a black magazine instead of a clearish-yellow one and holds about 40 BB's, it feels real smooth, and it has a orange tip at the end that is about a 1 1/4 inch long, and it has a rubber piece at the end of the stock that you can take off to put the battery in. From what the guy at the store told me, you can put a TM scope in place of the weird one that cxame with the gun. This gun is pretty neat, because it can use TM magazines too, but they are harder to put in, you first have to push the mag in, then pull back on it(takes a little effort to do if you are weak like me). The gun also has a cocking handle that is not functional, but it has a little notch in it that you can lock the handle into. The front handle folds in and out(like usual, lol), you have to pull on it, then fold it out, it feels quiet sturdy. What is really neat is that on the ejection port, you can pull it back to adjust the hop-up. There are two metal loops on the gun that let you put a sling there.

performance: This gun actually performs pretty well for a gun it's price, from what the seller(jungletoy) told me, it is 250 fps with a .12 gram, and 200 fps with a .20 gram. there is no selector switch, but to shoot semi-auto, you pull the trigger half-way, and to shoot full-auto, pull the trigger down all the way. The gun shoots BB's pretty fast, I actually usually run out before I start knowing that(lol). I wouldn't recommend this gun for people who want to go to an actual airsoft league and EXPECT to win first place, but it is really fun for begining AEGs.

Sorry it was so short, but if you have any questions, ask me and I will try to respond to them.

price: originally 99.99(on the website) but at the store, it was only 50.00.

pictures will be coming soon, I need to save up for them, since I just used most of it buying stuff like a maniac at the store.

oh yeah, I forgot to rate it, sorry.

looks: 8.9/10
function: 8/10
reliability: coming soon(lol)

EDIT: there is no adjustable hop-up, I was thinking about something else, sorry...

Pictures
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
sorry, this was originally posted in AEG discussion, but I moved it, sorry, lol.

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  10:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the gun is an LPEG, so it belongs here. LPEGs are weaker copies of AEGs (Low Powered Electric Gun). Most people think that LPEGs are weak pathetic little guns. The new ones are pretty good. Enjoy your stay here and enjoy your new gun.

Oh, and nice mini review. Perhaps you can make a more detailed one + pictures when you have time?
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  01:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahah, i went to a CPR/ 1st aid in a local business plaza, and IRONICALLY enough, there was also a jungle toys in that area too So on the 1hour break, i went inside and checked out the whole-in-the-wall. Inside was the most pathetic assortment of springers i could find; Y&P? HFC? Where was the UHC 1911 that i wanted to see? When will walk in stores carry TM pistols? And what made it worse, was HUGE 1-2 inch orange. I'm okay with orange, but my word, that was insane. But enough of my complaining, i also saw the BE AUG Package, but it wasn't 50 as yours, it only came in a package for 99 dollars. How did you get yours seperately? Durability wise, how well do you see it holding up in, say, you drop it on the ground? THis might make a good decent LPEG when my friends start get into AEGs.

BTW, what made my day in Jungetoys was holding a TM G36c It was actually smaller than i thought it was. Sadly, i couldn't hold a P90 since they didnt' have one, so i guess i have to wait when my REAL one comes in on monday.
Go to Top of Page

chief chicken
Private



USA
Member Since: 07/23/2005

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  3:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit chief chicken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks, hopefully, I will have the camera tonight, and iwill have pictures of the box, gun, magazine, stuff in the box, and the price sticker. And I have more on the gun too.

You can hold the trigger down for more than 4 seconds, unlike other LPEGs, like the WELL P90, and to colbY, when I went there, they only had it separate, and no package, but if I drop the gun, and it breaks, I will report it here, so stay tuned...
Go to Top of Page

doofus333
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  6:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit doofus333's Homepage  Send doofus333 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nice pics. and that is some of the best engrish i've seen in a while.
Go to Top of Page

bartsimpson123844
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  8:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit bartsimpson123844's Homepage  Send bartsimpson123844 an AOL message  Click to see bartsimpson123844's MSN Messenger address  Send bartsimpson123844 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, nice! About how heavy do you think the gun is with the battery and mag and stuff?
Go to Top of Page

UHS_XC_Ramsey
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2003

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  8:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit UHS_XC_Ramsey's Homepage  Send UHS_XC_Ramsey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dude! Totally CS'd out SAS look! Tight look and solid review, man, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  9:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you using ski gloves? I thought they only had Jungletoy stores in mainly SoCal. Isn't it hot?


Well, terrific pictures and review.
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/23/2004

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  9:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit sabre's Homepage  Send sabre an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any range tests yet? I'm hoping it's decent, say maybe 30 yards effective range atleast. Maybe I should just buy the aep.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Knight
Probation 7/05



USA
Member Since: 06/19/2005

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  11:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Purple Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good reveiw and nice pics

I thought it was a breath of fresh air after reading all those super long reviews that you get half way through then go to something else
Go to Top of Page

paisley_pirate
Private



Member Since: 01/08/2005

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  11:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit paisley_pirate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nice review.

Has anyone torn into this gun and looked inside the gearbox? Will tm gears, springs etc fit it or not?

And don't answer ifyou haven't done or at least looked at it. I don't want a nay-sayer saying no if they haven't even held the thing.

Looked at it at JT here, but they don't have one out of the package yet, so haven't torn into it yet.

I have seen the pix that show it has a metal gearbox, but is it or ain't it?

TIA!

Go to Top of Page

chief chicken
Private



USA
Member Since: 07/23/2005

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  6:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit chief chicken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone, but I also forgot to mention that included with the gun were imitational marui documents and a cleaning pipe

and to answer the above questions,

Q:how much does it weigh with the battery and mag in?

A:about 5-poundish

Q:are those ski gloves?

A:yeah, they are, but I wanted to cover my hands too, but I lost the gloves Iusually wear, so my Bro let me use his.

Q:Any range test yet?

A:I haven't been able to go outside yet(there's reasons, but I'm a little lazy to list them now), but when I get the chance, I will post results here.

Q:Has anyone torn this gun and looked inside the gearbox...?

A:not yet, because I haven't bought any kind of internal upgrade for this gun yet, so yeah, like I always say, stay tuned to find out more....
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  9:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How many shots does your AUG get through on that battery pack? Is there a possibility of installing a BETTER pack than that cheapo "toysrus c-rap RC car" battery pack?
Go to Top of Page

CajunPyroMan
Private

Member Since: 05/30/2004

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  11:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit CajunPyroMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How wide is that RIS rail on it?
Go to Top of Page

na10tbolt
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  11:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit na10tbolt's Homepage  Send na10tbolt an AOL message  Send na10tbolt an ICQ Message  Send na10tbolt a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Awsome review. Cool gas-mask too!

What is "Emulational High-powered Nicety"???

Go to Top of Page

chopsuey101
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/13/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  12:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit chopsuey101's Homepage  Send chopsuey101 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow... that gun looks very similar to the TM AUG. i have one (a TM AUG) and when the BE AUG came out i thought it would a little wimpy gun, but looking at your pictures proved me wrong. the BE tech AUG is nice. much better than those crappy lpegs from CYMA that i started off with.

BTW, whats up with the picture of you in your gas mask and BDUs? it looks a little hot dont ya think? and how do you see thorugh that thing? is it see thorugh or do you walk around blind in all of the skirmishes you go to? well anyway, nice review.
Go to Top of Page

chief chicken
Private



USA
Member Since: 07/23/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  02:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit chief chicken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you all again for the positive replys, and I'm back to answer more question...

Q:how many shots does your AUG get through the battery pack?

A:It actually depends how long it is charged, immediatly out of the box, it can empty about 6-7 magazines, but when fully charged, it can last a pretty long time, it actually runs for a long time, but I'm not sure, so I guess I will get to work on that...so stay tuned...and I'm not sure if you can do that with the battery, but good idea, I might try that after saving up money for some upgrades(I'm bankrupt 0_0)

Q:how wide is the rail?

A:I can't give you an accurate measurement right now, because I can't find a ruler at the moment(where's a ruler when you need one?), but I can give you an estimate...it is about 6/8 of an inch I'm sorry I can't find a ruler...

Q:what is "Emulational High-powered Nicety"???

A: I have no idea, I guess it is a really bad translation...

Q:whats up with the picture of you in your gas mask and BDUs? it looks a little hot dont ya think? and how do you see through that thing? is it see through or do you walk around blind in all of the skirmishes you go to?

A:well, my first inspiration was the SAS from Counter-Strike(like someone mentioned before), but Ididn't have a hood to cover the top part of the mask, so I used a helmet, but I had no blue helmet covers, so I decided to just look a LITTLE different...and it does look hot, but it really isn't(when you get into a war, you don't really concentrate on the heat, but the enemy that is shooting you), and no, I do not walk around blind in that thing, it is kinda like those one way lenses, since there is no light on the inside, but light on the outside, it is hard to see the inside of the mask.

And one more thing to add on, people have been sending me e-mails(someone eventually found out I guess), he asked me a question about the picture of the scope and two magazines, and I thought that some of you had the same question too, "which magazine is which?" the top magazine is a TM magazine, and the bottom magazine is the one included with the gun.
Go to Top of Page

double-0-newb
Private



Canada
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  11:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit double-0-newb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EXCELLENT! Thanks for updating with fantastic, well layed-out pics.
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  1:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CajunPyroMan

How wide is that RIS rail on it?



Hopefully it's 20mm like all other R.I.S. rails.
Go to Top of Page

bartsimpson123844
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  3:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit bartsimpson123844's Homepage  Send bartsimpson123844 an AOL message  Click to see bartsimpson123844's MSN Messenger address  Send bartsimpson123844 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I can't stand that fake scope, and if I ever get down to JT, I am going to have to pick one of these up.
Go to Top of Page

Blinkme323
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/27/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  3:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blinkme323's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, the scope isn't functional. Also, I am wondering how you think the gun looks. Do you like it better than an M4.
Go to Top of Page

bartsimpson123844
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  4:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit bartsimpson123844's Homepage  Send bartsimpson123844 an AOL message  Click to see bartsimpson123844's MSN Messenger address  Send bartsimpson123844 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blinkme323

So, the scope isn't functional. Also, I am wondering how you think the gun looks. Do you like it better than an M4.


That is just based on personal preferance. You could have told the scope was non-functional, just look at the picture of it!
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  4:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, don't expect TM quality here of course, You can pick up a simple NcStar RDS for it. Even though you wont get that super cool scope look to it, it is all you really need.

Also, what BB weight would be most recommended? I know it has adjustable hopup, so you can make the .2 BB shoot pretty far right? This BE TECH AUG seems better everyday. Maybe my friends and i can save up enough money to get it for him.
Go to Top of Page

gilla409
Private

USA
Member Since: 07/16/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  4:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit gilla409's Homepage  Send gilla409 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there's some pretty cheap rifle scopes on evike.com......that way you can get that real aug look versus a tactical rd scope.
Go to Top of Page

beckmen
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/10/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  7:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit beckmen's Homepage  Send beckmen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But does the gun have a standard scope mount, or will you need to jury-rig it?

You can get 4x or higher scopesfor like 10 bucks, so if you could stick any old Wal-Mart scope on the AUG you'd be good to go?
Go to Top of Page

chief chicken
Private



USA
Member Since: 07/23/2005

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  10:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit chief chicken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, the scope is none functional.

Q. Do you like it better than an M4?

A. It depends what kind of M4 you are talking about, but most of all, it depends if you're judging it by appearance or function(and please tell kind of M4).

Q. What type of BB would you recommend?

A. I would prefer .12 gram BBs, because with .20 gram, it seems too weak, but with .12 gram, it shoots a little harder, and also, I think that the .12 gram BB's shoot in a straighter line(might be because of the way the hop-up is adjusted already)

Q.But does the gun have a standard scope mount, or will you need to jury-rig it?

A.The rail is 7/8 inches wide(I found out, it is not 6/8, sorry), or in other words, it is 20mm wide, from the looks of the rail, it is a weaver rail(I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like one), it looks like you can take the rail off(it is attached with two screws), so you can put a new one there it seems.

Q.so if you could stick any old Wal-Mart scope on the AUG you'd be good to go?

A.The scope mount would have to be a weaver type, my brother has a 3-7x20 BSA rimfire scope from Wal-Mart, and it doesn't fit, the scope came with mounts for mounting onto .22 airguns or something like that...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000