Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 I found a alt. to the nerf howlers = Pics!=
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spartan
Captain



South Sandwich Islands
Member Since:

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  01:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spartan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea I couldn't think of a good title for this.
eh who cares..

anywho I was in wal-mart the otherday and this caught my eye

I bought 4 of em for kicks and when I took a closer look I discovered that strangly it fits snugly into a m203 tube. and when launched both peices fly out and break apart stinger missle style. the back part drops off at 10-20 feet, and with some arc I managed a good 170 feet with a few modifications*cough*electrical tape 2 layers top tube peice and mid section*cough* If you were to level it at someone keep in mind it will only go about 60-80 feet when level. which is plenty of range for me but heh..


The missle is foam so theres no worries about hurting someone.

umm and I cant think of anything else except it cost a total of $1.99 and I'm going back tommorow to buy a few boxes of em and that they look like crap when you get them but I painted mine..

Free Image Hosting at  /></a><br /><br /><br /><br /><a href=Free Image Hosting at /></a><br /><br /></span id=

kewlsniper2
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  01:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit kewlsniper2's Homepage  Send kewlsniper2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
both links go to the same picture... but thats a sweet idea well more of a discovery.
Go to Top of Page

Xplosive
General



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  09:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Xplosive's Homepage  Send Xplosive an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They're a bit bigger then the nerf howlers... Look a bit funnier... eh, oh well. Good find. I wonder if anyone will actually use them.
Go to Top of Page

Ramones1017
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 04/27/2004

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  09:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ramones1017's Homepage  Send Ramones1017 an AOL message  Send Ramones1017 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The hell is that big black rod on the back?
Go to Top of Page

triggerhappy-zach
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/26/2002

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  09:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit triggerhappy-zach's Homepage  Send triggerhappy-zach a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yah thats what I want to know. and you know you're prolly gunna have to hand paint them cus spray paint will eat them up.
Go to Top of Page

ihaveauniquename
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 01/23/2004

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit ihaveauniquename's Homepage  Send ihaveauniquename an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The way to launch then normally, perhaps?
Go to Top of Page

Spartan
Captain



South Sandwich Islands
Member Since: 11/04/2004

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  1:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spartan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ramones1017

The hell is that big black rod on the back?



thats the tube that slides into the m203 and keeps the roket on. as for painting them I won't paint the roket but I did paint the tube on the back which was orignally red and orange ick..

anywho both peices fly out the black rod and the roket. about 10-20 feet out the black tube drops off kinda like a stinger missle. to put it in you basically just slide the black peice into your m203 and then slide the roket onto the front "adapter"

If anyone has a 165 shower shell and can find these Id love to see how far you could get it to fly ( Im only using a 24 shot moscart)
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  4:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey spartan, great thing, but need help with one thing (sorry for necroposting and all, my bad)

If I were to walk into wal-mart (without an M203 in hand), how would I find them?
Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Captain



Member Since: 07/30/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dusk's Homepage  Send Dusk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Take the barrel off the m203 system could work.... or you could measure your m203, which isnt hard since it should be 40mm, then find it so it is like 39mm 38mm... Or do it by eye..
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Remove barrel...good plan. I'll just bring along some calipers.
Go to Top of Page

DarkArchon
Sergeant



Member Since: 04/25/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  06:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit DarkArchon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
could you put your M203 next to them so we can get a good idea of scale?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000