Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 Help starting my fledgling forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  09:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I was wondering if I could ask for a few minutes of your time for a bit of help. I live in Hawaii, and basically there are a few small scattered local internet airsoft forums, and that's pretty much it. Well the largest of these forums (I'd say about 200 members, tops) is run by a bunch of kids, but it's the only place to really find other Hawaii Airsofters. Well recently, the moderaters who run the place have been arbitrarily deleting threads and, banning members who happen to disagree with them. The moderation staff makes such wonderful posts, for example a kid had tried installing an uprade spring into his AEG, and couldn't remember how his gearbox assembled back together and he asked for help and they replied"your gun is broken, go cry to your mommy about it, dumbass". Real mature stuff.

So far I've had a couple of my threads deleted on that forum, namely one I was quite proud of was deleted tonight, and now I am completely fed up with it. So I decided to pioneer my own internet forum for Hawaii players. It's really tiny, and kind of ugly at the moment, but in time I hope to draw more Hawaii members onto the site. The only thing is, I don't know all that many people.

So here's where you come in. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to register at my forums, and hopefully post a few times so the forums look more active, just to encourage more Hawaii members to join. In no way am I trying to compete with Airsoft Retreat, my target audience are the players in my area specifically, I just need a bit of help in getting them to come and stay at my site.

Oh here's the link:
http://s13.invisionfree.com/HawaiiAirsoftClub/

On the plus side, if my forums end up becoming big in Hawaii, you guys will be among the first members to register.


Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
~Mags

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  11:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try contacting Blake and 888. They are extremely knowledgeable & are in Hawaii. I was born in Hawaii (Oahu, in fact one of my sisters still lives in Waipahu) but moved here to the mainland many years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  03:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They're both on ASR? Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

kewlsniper2
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  03:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit kewlsniper2's Homepage  Send kewlsniper2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a.d.h.d. lives and airsofts in hawaii dunno what island though
Go to Top of Page

TheRedGriffin
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/16/2005

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  10:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRedGriffin's Homepage  Send TheRedGriffin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just registered! Will you make me a mod! j/k but realy plz make me a mod
Go to Top of Page

JLee
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2002

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  12:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit JLee's Homepage  Send JLee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I registered a day or two back - #4, I think.

I'll probably forget to check the forum..but if you want me to drop by for anything in particular, shoot me an email.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
888:
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=6560

Blake:
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=4571
Go to Top of Page

tgrillo
The Kernel



USA
Member Since: 07/07/2004

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgrillo's Homepage  Send tgrillo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Get a domain name and a real hosting server.
Go to Top of Page

Trooper
Private



USA
Member Since: 04/23/2005

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  2:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Trooper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can go to webhost4life.com and get a good deal there! $5.00 a month is pretty cheap compared to $10 or $25 a month which is a ripoff.

Also, to register for a domain name, go to godaddy.com(I knows, the deleted superbowl commercial that showed some sexual schemes lol).

Have fun working on your forum and website!
Go to Top of Page

inuinuinuyasha
Sergeant



Member Since: 05/25/2005

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  2:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit inuinuinuyasha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, I think Inferno's lives in Hawaii too. You could talk to him, though I don't think he posts much anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  8:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks guys for all of your help.

quote:
Originally posted by tgrillo

Get a domain name and a real hosting server.



I was looking into that last night. I'll be purchasing one within the next few days.

How do I go about getting a real hosting server?



Oh and I emailed 888, I'll be sending messages out to the to the other guys soon.
Go to Top of Page

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  02:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so I bought the domain name: www.hawaiiairsoftclub.com I've got ten members so far, and the site seems to be growing. I'm talking to a computer web designer in one of my classes, ultimately I hope to create some sort of custom player profile database.


Edit: Edit your previous post to avoid making a double post.
- RLB
Go to Top of Page

Sniped141
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/19/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  03:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sniped141's Homepage  Send Sniped141 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good luck on this.
Go to Top of Page

newbiegun
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/05/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  07:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbiegun's Homepage  Send newbiegun an AOL message  Click to see newbiegun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i just regestered!!!! i hope you do great.




NG
Go to Top of Page

blake
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/21/2003

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  1:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit blake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To be fair, the main cause of the "issues" over at the Hawaii Airsoft forums is the fact that you were advocating games that would be violating county laws. The forums rules at Hawaii Airsoft clearly state that such discussion is subject to deletion. The mods may have been overzealous or misinterpreted your posts, but I don't see any clear abuse on their part.
I feel every responsible airsoft player should take it upon themselves to ensure their airsoft activities do not break any laws or endanger any people. How you conduct yourself at a game can ensure player safety, but playing on public land or without the land owner's permission makes the activity illegal, period. To me, that is the same as advocating racing on the street. You may not directly see the harm it does, but that does not mean it is okay to do it.

Personally, I wish you luck with your forums, but I will not support a group or person that advocates breaking the law. Especially if their reason is based on saving money or personal convenience.
Go to Top of Page

hawaii_airsoft
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/18/2003

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  01:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaii_airsoft's Homepage  Send hawaii_airsoft an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Magnus, there is nothing on www.hawaiiairsoft.net that my moderating staff nor I have said/done that you have accused us of doing.

The whole thing about the installation of barrel and such never happened in the first place and is simply a made up story or is something that a forum member, not the moderating staff did.

We never deleted any of your threads other than one initial thread which I suspected of containing illegal airsoft playing which is against forum rules. All these other "threads" that have been deleted are all lies...

While it is great to see another site has started, I, just as much as Blake, cannot support your site due to the fact that you support renegade (illegal) playing.

The saddest part that I see in this whole ordeal is that your spreading lies and relying on sympathy to gain traffic to your site.
Go to Top of Page

inferno
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/05/2001

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  02:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit inferno's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also feel obligated to post here as well. I fully support the airsoft scene in Hawaii, and I feel that the players here should take every opportunity to play a game so long as it's done in a legal field and so long as their actions won't pose a threat to airsoft in Hawaii. Anyone willing to play at an illegal field is running the risk of getting caught, injuring bystanders/hikers, and is selfish for only caring about whatever games they can play NOW instead of looking out for the future of the sport. I have seen posts on the other forum where those playing at illegal fields tried to justify their actions by stating that it's okay to play since the money spent on their guns won't be wasted. Listen, airsoft is banned in some states, and I don't want Hawaii to be next. We used to be able to play at places like Kaneohe, Mililani, Manana Trail, St Louis, and Palolo w/o fear of anything more than the cops coming by to tells us to knock it off. In recent years, the Hawaii airsoft scene got some bad publicity, and they passed laws to formally make it a crime to play in those places. That's cause and effect right there, and still some people don't get it. Hey, I used to play at all of those fields before, but never after the law went into effect.

I signed up on the forum to contribute info and problem solving advice, but don't think that I am trying to bash your site if I come on time to time to set someone straight about playing at an illegal field.
Go to Top of Page

robbman14
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/01/2005

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  03:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit robbman14's Homepage  Click to see robbman14's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey just registered. hope this gets big :)
Go to Top of Page

FuBaRSliz
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/21/2004

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  12:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit FuBaRSliz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I live in Michigan but I registered just because im a nice guy :)
Go to Top of Page

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoa whoa... I didn't even say which forums I was posting on. I've been having conflicts with multiple Hawaii websites, the fact that you so brashly assumed it was yours, kinda makes me wonder if in fact you guys have been responsible for more underhanded dealings with your moderation enforcement there. And so you come in here tri-fold to defend your name against what... little ole' me? I'm a nobody; all I like to do is play airsoft.

quote:
Originally posted by hawaii_airsoft

We never deleted any of your threads other than one initial thread which I suspected of containing illegal airsoft playing which is against forum rules. All these other "threads" that have been deleted are all lies...


Key word here being "assume". If we prosecuted everybody based on assumptions, there wouldn't be much need for rules, now would there. We could all just assumpe people are guilty and punish them accordingly.

The thing about the kid... yeah that was my fault. I mixed up my forums. So sorry about that. I didn't mean to slander anybody.

If you'd get off your high horse for a moment, you'd see that you're only half right about me. I don't support "illegal airsoft" I support airsoft, thats the reason I made my forums. I don't disagree with your forums at all, I fully support what you are trying to do for the airsoft community. However, I think renegade airsoft isn't nearly as black and white as you try to make it out to be, and turning a blind-eye to renegade players and just labeling them as "bad" or "wrong" instead of trying to figure out the problem, seems quite ill fated. *shrugs* I really don't know what else to say.
Go to Top of Page

hawaii_airsoft
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/18/2003

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  03:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaii_airsoft's Homepage  Send hawaii_airsoft an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is this "underhanded dealings with your moderation enforcement" bull****?

I'm only commenting here because i'm flattening out the lies that you put on this board in the event it was my site. By staying vague, your hiding behind excuses, and the similarities of which happened on my site and your accusations are too similar.
Go to Top of Page

seth
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/24/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  04:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit seth's Homepage  Send seth an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've returned today to ASR to add my two cents.

I'm yet another Hawaii airsofter who refuses to support this new group/forum because of past arguments regarding support for illegal airsoft, then attempting to recruit others into these games.

Magnus, if you really want to show you can be responsible, show these people they're wrong and start mentioning that any type of unauthorized public play is illegal and harmful to the Hawaii airsoft community. If you can't do that, then I have no clue why you're even trying to become the Messiah of "Save Hawaii Airsoft" movement when you yourself can't bring yourself to admit that your past/present support for illegal play was wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Magnus55
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  05:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magnus55's Homepage  Send Magnus55 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well thanks guys, for essentially proving my point. Am I telling anybody to go out and play illegally? No. Am I going out and playing illegally myself? No. We're just having a discussion here, and you guys get all worked up over nothing. And it's the exact same way on your forums, there's a set rhetoric of ideas, and anything that even borders on innovation outside of those ideas is stamped out of existance. It takes four of you just to say you disapprove of my website. I'm not trying to be the messiah of anything. Like I said, I'm just a guy who likes to play airsoft. You would think that would give all of us some kind of common ground here where we could all get along, but instead you make it a confrontational issue about "us" against "them" and "legit players" versus the "renegade players" and this whole attitude of "you're either with us or you're ruining the whole sport of airsoft, Magnus."

And yes, I'm just waiting for your three-person, three-paragraphs-a-piece rebuttal.
Go to Top of Page

hawaii_airsoft
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/18/2003

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  3:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaii_airsoft's Homepage  Send hawaii_airsoft an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Magnus, the fact that four people on this board don't support your idea is just contributing to the conversation. You posted this topic up in the first place so expect diverse opinions.

No, none of us are working together to "attack you"; we're just voicing our opinion like you did.

The fact that two well-known members don't support your idea says something. Don't go on and whine about us "teaming up" against you when you yourself decided to put up a topic like this. Take it like a man and quit whining.

And if all you can do is post stuff and then whine about it, then well, I guess that's all you can do.
Go to Top of Page

seth
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/24/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  4:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit seth's Homepage  Send seth an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't even go there, Magnus, trying to suggest that "everyone" is out to get YOU. The world doesn't revolver around you which is why you should quit being such a hypocrite.

Fellow ASR users: go to our forums and read for yourself, then read my signature. HawaiiAirsoft.Net Hall of Shame has direct quotes of this "guy" stating he does support and engage in renegade play, then when people object to this because it threatens our sport, he goes and changes his mind.

http://www.hawaiiairsoft.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=719&start=75

Also, before it got deleted, he attempted to recruit other members of the forum into his small group that plays illegal night games.

Hawaii is already very anti-gun and there have been several airsoft ordinances passed already because of past misuse. All it will take are several more incidents and that may be it.

Lastly, I guess this will make it a "5 paragraph" rebuttal, but Magnus, I have a quote where you said "but for me how much do you think I would care if airsoft gets banned if I'm only allowed to play once a month at a sanctioned field anyway?" This proves you don't care about anyone else but your own lazy, cheap arse, because I used to live in Aiea and I'd ride my motorcycle all the way down to PowerEdge or ASH to play airsoft. Listen, it's not that far. We live on a freaking island. If you can't handle a 15 minute drive or 1 hour bus ride then ask your mommy for a ride. If you can't even do THAT, please, don't play airsoft. You give others a bad name.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  4:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moderation time:

AS-R does in NO WAY support participating in an airsoft event that is being done illegally. If there is a misunderstanding, that's fine, but mud slinging in both directions I will not tolerate. I would expect a degree of respect be given to these forums, and I can see both sides jockeying to tell their side of the story, but don't make this something which will disrupt AS-R.

Yes, Magnus 'opened the door' to this thread so for now I will allow it to continue. But all those involved need to put the shoe on the other foot and consider how they would be viewing this if it were happening on their forum. Just know this, when I have gone on other forums I maintain a degree of professionalism being an administrator here on AS-R. For those in similar positions I would demand the same.
- RLB
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000