Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Airsoft News
 Help Save Airsoft
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

snicker
The Man



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  10:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit snicker's Homepage  Send snicker an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
We've posted before about the possible upcoming problems with airsoft in the UK but there is a dedicated website focusing on trying to keep airsoft legal. I'd highly recommend any UK airsofters sign the petition and stay active on this topic. www.saveairsoft.org

PVT Caboose
Captain



USA
Member Since: 04/14/2005

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  12:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit PVT Caboose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snicker

We've posted before about the possible upcoming problems with airsoft in the UK but there is a dedicated website focusing on trying to keep airsoft legal. I'd highly recommend any UK airsofters sign the petition and stay active on this topic. www.saveairsoft.org





Might want to sticky this in every forum, because not everyone checks the news. Just a thought...
Go to Top of Page

foxhound
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 09/17/2003

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  7:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit foxhound's Homepage  Send foxhound an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone signs up for this. Save the UK show that Americans aren't just full of themselves!


Fox
Go to Top of Page

Lancerevo56
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2005

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  11:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lancerevo56's Homepage  Send Lancerevo56 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the petition is only for the people in the uk.
you have to live in the uk.
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No you dont. People from ALL over the world sign it.... Please evrybody sign it.... If we get it.... You never know what will happen to your countrys airsoft

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

Genomonous
Private



Denmark
Member Since: 09/01/2005

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  06:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Genomonous's Homepage  Click to see Genomonous's MSN Messenger address  Send Genomonous a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it asks 'where in the UK do you live' i just said 'west there of...' (i live in denmark), i didn't check if there were a way for none UK people to sign. but just do like i did if there's no other way ^^
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  12:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes please sign it chaps. Ive had shirts made for our team with the save airsoft logo and the website on them to promote it. Airsoft is a perfectly safe sport when the rules are followed, banning 'replica weapons' will only increase gun crime with real weapons. Tony Blair needs to look past that wall hes looking at in his little glass box.
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  3:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think you mean Crystal Ball my friend. Lol. I have it printed A4 and stuck in my mums car window lol

And Im gunna get it on a Shirt too.

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

ssfwymfpos27
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/06/2005

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit ssfwymfpos27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
someone sign for me (i'm from the US)
Go to Top of Page

raptorXattack
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/28/2005

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  4:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit raptorXattack's Homepage  Send raptorXattack an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow england is over the top on this one. First they ban guns and stabbing increase. England is INSANE! I would hate to live there. What made them decide to try ban airsoft.... have lots of people tried to rob banks with them or something. Do children play with them in the streets. I just dont understand what they would gain by doing this.
Go to Top of Page

tedtay17
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  2:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit tedtay17's Homepage  Send tedtay17 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah it says ur from england and i signed it a while ago
Go to Top of Page

CheGregory
Private

USA
Member Since: 10/09/2005

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  7:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CheGregory's Homepage  Send CheGregory an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sign now, because honestly if that passes in the UK, next thing you know it'll be on the bill in America
Go to Top of Page

tedtay17
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  11:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tedtay17's Homepage  Send tedtay17 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
exactly why i signed it
Go to Top of Page

flonaze
Private



Member Since: 06/12/2005

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  10:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit flonaze's Homepage  Send flonaze an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Same reason here.
Go to Top of Page

fofoop
Private

Member Since: 10/18/2005

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  8:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit fofoop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, I thought of that too, didn't really believe it would happen, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't sign it.
Go to Top of Page

Lt_Spike_Tsunami
Sergeant



United Kingdom
Member Since: 02/11/2005

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  06:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lt_Spike_Tsunami's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The more signatures the better
Go to Top of Page

raptorXattack
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/28/2005

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit raptorXattack's Homepage  Send raptorXattack an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Airsoft will never be banned in america. Thats a stupid thing to say. Here in america we have rights. The 2nd amendment can be used to stop any legislation of that sort. For instance machine guns everyone wanted to ban those in america. But all they could do was tightly regulate them. Does anyone find it amusing that Great Britain ruled the world with their military might at one point in time, but now they are making bb guns illegal.
Go to Top of Page

backslash
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  1:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit backslash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the firearm related homicide rate in the U.S. is 33.8 times higher than in Great Britain.
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  11:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought the bill has already been passed?
Go to Top of Page

backslash
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit backslash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it has, but it is not in effect yet.
Go to Top of Page

Beamd
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/06/2003

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beamd's Homepage  Send Beamd an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by backslash

And the firearm related homicide rate in the U.S. is 33.8 times higher than in Great Britain.


I don't know exactly where you are going with that but freedom has a cost, we could give up all rights and be safer in someways but I would rather be free, it's not like the US hasn't already limited our rights enough. Anyways it wouldn't suprise me if the US goes the same way as Britan with in the next 20 years in respect to guns, airsoft, and anything the government decides is too threating for civilians to own. I would sign the petition but it really seems to require you to live in the UK.
Go to Top of Page

backslash
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  3:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit backslash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
we could give up all rights and be safer in someways but I would rather be free, it's not like the US hasn't already limited our rights enough

But who can decide what rights should be protected and what rights should be taken away? One could argue that the 2nd amendment is outdated, at the time of the writing of the constitution many people relied on firearms to feed themselves and kill natives whose land they took. Since that is not the case now the amendment doesn't have any real purpose. But where I was going with this was to reply to the "Here in america we have rights" quote and point out exactly what you said... freedoms have costs.
Go to Top of Page

Beamd
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/06/2003

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Beamd's Homepage  Send Beamd an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I see that you were replying to that other guys post now. I don't think england is any more insane than us, things just happen slower here. I trully think that the right to bear arms is still valuable today, no matter what anyone says. I know that if I have a gun it is going to be much harder for someone else to harm me. I honestly can't say for sure if guns being legal here, although not near unrestricted, have a negative impact or positive impact on crime. Statistics are always biased and you can make them say anything you want. But I would still want them legal even if we had clear proof that crime would be reduced if they were banned, it's just how I feel about it. Anyways I have gotten way off airsoft here but I just want to say I'm not calling you stupid or anything backslash I just look at things differently. I don't think either of us is right or wrong.
Go to Top of Page

backslash
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit backslash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gah! I just typed a long reply and my computer crashed :( To summarize:
1: Your posts were not defamatory, and I didn't take them as such. Discussion pushes progress and opinions are, by definition, neither right nor wrong.
2: I seriously doubt that firearms will be banned in the U.S. because they are and explicit provision in the bill of rights. Nothing short of an amendment will ban guns, and if something like that is coming it will be preceded by a mass outcry against weapons by the public. Airsoft guns and other replica weapons are another matter however, since they are in a hazy legal zone between toys and weapons. If banning real guns will reduce crime, it will do so much more than banning airsoft guns, but anti-gun groups can actually get at airsoft guns.
3: I don't have an opinion either way on whether guns should be banned or not, that is not for me to decide. While they are legal I will take advantage and own them :)
Go to Top of Page

Beamd
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/06/2003

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Beamd's Homepage  Send Beamd an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by backslash

Gah! I just typed a long reply and my computer crashed :( To summarize:
1: Your posts were not defamatory, and I didn't take them as such. Discussion pushes progress and opinions are, by definition, neither right nor wrong.
2: I seriously doubt that firearms will be banned in the U.S. because they are and explicit provision in the bill of rights. Nothing short of an amendment will ban guns, and if something like that is coming it will be preceded by a mass outcry against weapons by the public. Airsoft guns and other replica weapons are another matter however, since they are in a hazy legal zone between toys and weapons. If banning real guns will reduce crime, it will do so much more than banning airsoft guns, but anti-gun groups can actually get at airsoft guns.
3: I don't have an opinion either way on whether guns should be banned or not, that is not for me to decide. While they are legal I will take advantage and own them :)

I'm glad you didn't take what I said the wrong way. I definitely agree with what you said in number two about the crime reduction part and I think I can safely say that both of us feel for the airsofters in the UK who have had their sport criminalized. Peace
Go to Top of Page

spasticdork
Captain



USA
Member Since: 06/23/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  4:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit spasticdork's Homepage  Send spasticdork an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They're trying to ban paintball and airsoft in Illinois. It's just wrong to deprive law-abiding players of a sport because a minority of people who abuse the equipment.

It's like banning football (either US/or UK) because people start fights in bars or at games.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000