Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Best Upgrades
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blinkme323
Sergeant



Member Since:

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blinkme323's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I think I might be getting in a few Be Augs or GB MP5's to review for some companies. I am used to my 330fps Toystar SR-16 springer, so I am looking to do some power upgrades.

I have a good understanding of basic mechanics and have been researching up on these lpegs. I plan on doing the following 4 upgrades.

1. Barrel Polish
2. Ported O-Ring
3. Lube gearbox
4. Stretch Sprign slightly (why not if I have the box open)

I honestly believe that those are the best upgrades. I should get a nice increase in power and accuracy without sacrificing durability (maybe even increasing durability). PLease let me know if anybody has experience with these mods and share your results. I will let you know how it goes after I try it.

Also, how hard is it to disassemble and reassemble the gun. My Toystar is easy, but I am skeptical of these cheap ones. Any pointers or tips are appreciated.

BTW, here is a pic of the piston mod I was talking about.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/GemboyMagz/CIMG1909.jpg

The mods are simple, but I think they will give me the best results. I am really liking the piston mod. What do you think?

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go for it. Post a guide and how it turns out when you're done.
Go to Top of Page

doofus333
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit doofus333's Homepage  Send doofus333 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if you have an extra barrel lying around somewhere, or a cheap springer, i'd suggest swapping. most lpegs have laughably short inner barrels. the DE M4 series, for instance. the barrel in those is about 6 inches.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000