Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


- What is Airsoft?
- Legality/Safety

- Spring Buyers Guide
- GBB Pistol Guide

 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 dicisions, decisions: buy 2-3 cheap loaners or ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Purple Knight
Probation 7/05



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  8:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Purple Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cant decide whether to buy 2 or 3 cheap loaners for my dumb friends who depend on me to provide guns for them or to buy myself a nice sidearm, I was thinking of a kwa usp compact. What would you do

JLee
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2002

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  8:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit JLee's Homepage  Send JLee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't buy guns for other people just because they're cheap..
Go to Top of Page

mp567
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/27/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  9:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit mp567's Homepage  Send mp567 an AOL message  Click to see mp567's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sidearm all the way, unless those kids are the only people you play with. Then I would get the guns that way I could insure my fun.
Go to Top of Page

JM4MAN777
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/13/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  9:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JM4MAN777's Homepage  Send JM4MAN777 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well if you're really in need of a sidearm go for that. Worry about yourself first then your friends who cant save up a tiny bit of $$. Altho if you're going for cheap loaners: flea market. I went there today for some reason and I now have my place for buying loaners. Decent pistols under $10.
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  9:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Buy loaners if they're your only option. Another gun won't do you any good if you have no one to play with.

It's best to keep the guns at the same level of performance. It ensures everyone gets a fair chance and that no one person has a gun that's much better. If one person keeps winning, the others won't want to play.
Go to Top of Page

JLee
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2002

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  10:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit JLee's Homepage  Send JLee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do they have any guns? I wouldn't spend any more than you have to...have you looked for other teams in your area?
Go to Top of Page

Cotter
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/24/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cotter's Homepage  Send Cotter an AOL message  Click to see Cotter's MSN Messenger address  Send Cotter a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have bought many guns to be loaners for my friends just because that way you have someone to play airsoft with even w/o tournements.

But thats cause i have no other people to play with... and they are starting to buy their own.

If you get them into it enough where they buy their own, then you have made a good choice.
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't buy stuff for other people unless you had to: I have a stash of great loaners, but I don't like to play with freeloaders anymore, because they still tend not to take care of it, and I don't care how good a bargain I got on it, they pay nothing and break **** I payed for and gave to them out of generosity.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Simmons
Captain



Member Since: 07/28/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  07:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richard Simmons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, go with the sidearm. If you have lots of other people to play with besides your cheapo friends, then why bother wasting money on crappy springers.
Go to Top of Page

Cjasper
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/04/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  5:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cjasper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
definently go with the side arm becuase you dont wont to have to pay for everything...

But if your friends are the only airsofters then have them pitch in as much as they can and buy some new guns!
Go to Top of Page

DOC
Colonel



Member Since: 07/30/2001

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  8:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit DOC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Considering that you are buying stuff for "dumb friends", people can get you into a lot of trouble with your own airsoft guns. Not a good idea in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.99 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000