Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 M83 any good?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

novacaine478
Private



Member Since:

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit novacaine478's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My friends recently gots some lpegs and my springer isnt good enough. we play a small area so yeah. ill be goin up against tha be aug, src mp5, a de g36. i was wondering if the m83, http://www.directwholesaleproducts.com/airsoftm83.htm is any good. i searched but i found very little info on this. how good will this be against all the other lpegs?

aguyfromthewest
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit aguyfromthewest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that might be the DE Navy Cammando, it's a good gun.
Go to Top of Page

DeathInABottle
Private

Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  1:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit DeathInABottle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Neonfire Navy commando, Geez aguyfromthewest, you should know better :p Just kidding, but yeah, I've heard it's pretty good. When I Get one, in Canada, I'll be sure to write a review.
Go to Top of Page

beckmen
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/10/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  4:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit beckmen's Homepage  Send beckmen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's all the same thing, Double Eagle, Neonfire, Navy Commando, M83...same gun.

If you're going up against a BE Aug, you're probably pretty done for. I have both the Aug and the M83 and the Aug is way better in terms of FPS. However, the M83 has essentially the same internals as the DE G36C, though...so that will give you an idea of how the M83 will perform. I suggest you get an Aug instead, airsplat.com has them for 35 bucks. Also, keep in mind that the M83 from the site you posted DOES NOT include the laser, red-cross sight or flashlight. Other than that, it's a good site, though. I've done business with them a few times.
Go to Top of Page

gregmattersen
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  4:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit gregmattersen's Homepage  Send gregmattersen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just to throw it out there, I carry the AUG, and after shipping the price on my site is usually within $2 of Airsplat. You can use the coupon code "airsoftretreat" for 7% off, and I'll even throw in 2000 .12 g BB's in a speedloader for you.

I also have the M83, you can mod it with some work to be much more accurate, but it's firepower will never match the AUG, the AUG just has a better motor/gearbox and everything.
Go to Top of Page

glock9
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/13/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  5:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit glock9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a greg, i think i'll do my future buying at ur site so can u tell me if u will have any equipment for the AUG, mostly just clips, because i was gonna buy it but i want 2 clips, i love tha way it looks and i hearrd a lot of good things bout it, and can u tell me if it will ever be on sale, although i would get a discount, im 14 (think i already told u) hope u dont have a problem with that, since most people if u tell them ur age then tey wont let u buy from them even if a parent buys it. but any way i cant get a job at my age to easy and im in school now... so i wont get many hours. so u can email me at tha_boy_37@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

FuBaRSliz
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/21/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  2:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit FuBaRSliz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Off topic but Greg did you get those MP5Js in yet?
Go to Top of Page

DeathInABottle
Private

Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  6:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit DeathInABottle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg, you wouldn't ship to Canada by any chance, would you :D
Go to Top of Page

gregmattersen
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  9:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit gregmattersen's Homepage  Send gregmattersen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I sure would, unless Canada customs has problems with airsoft guns. I haven't looked into that. Fubar- I got a few in, but they sold locally really fast. I actually have a few Golden Boy MP5SD's that are a bit higher quality that I'm going to add to the website in a day or 2. I will order more CYMA MP5j's soon as well.

Oh, and Glock9, I tried to email you, but the address came back invalid. Try emailing me directly: gregmattersen@gmail.com

On AUG magazines, I still haven't found a good wholesaler for them. You can get them off Ebay and from other online sites for around $10-15. Until I can find a wholesaler, there's no point in me buying some, then marking them up even more for you guys. I'm not into that kind of thing. :-)
Go to Top of Page

DeathInABottle
Private

Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  9:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit DeathInABottle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Canada is like any US border, I think. They think they're real, they ship em back or incinerate them... If you still wanna try and ship them, I'll Pm you details on the best way to raise chances of getting them across.
Go to Top of Page

doofus333
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  11:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit doofus333's Homepage  Send doofus333 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
greg, if you can find a way to do it, you might try and email the chinese manufacturers directly. i dunno. also, fyi, i believe it's golden BOW, not golden boy. i might be mistaken, or that might have been a typo, but just a heads up. yeah, i ordered the aug from airsplat after working for a very long time (construction) and i was too out of it to remeber that i meant to order from you. i kicked myself later, but whatever. if you found a wholesaler for the gb mp5sd series, that's really great. unless you start offering the utg mp5, i'll probably be pickin one up. so you have the a4, a5 or both?
Go to Top of Page

gregmattersen
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  01:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit gregmattersen's Homepage  Send gregmattersen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mine are a5 versions. thanks on the boy-bow correction. read it wrong somewhere else on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  08:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregmattersen

Mine are a5 versions. thanks on the boy-bow correction. read it wrong somewhere else on the forum.



You already got the Golden Bow MP5A series in? If so I'll be getting a pair from you. If not Are you talking bout the CYMA MP5J still
Go to Top of Page

beckmen
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/10/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit beckmen's Homepage  Send beckmen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would think you can ship to Canada, you just have to make sure it's got the orange barrel, and also put an "Attention Customs" note on the box explaining what Airsoft is and how it's legal...
Go to Top of Page

DeathInABottle
Private

Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  5:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit DeathInABottle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're already corrosponding Via Email, I'll let you guys know if it works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000