| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 7:01:51 PM
|
I am wondering what gear I would need to get to start skirmishing.
I am going to be the usual run out ahead so we can see were the enemey is type player.(not because I choose that but that is were I am probaly going to be stuck at that position)
My gun is going to be the Be aug or the utg mp5. |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 7:32:32 PM
|
| UTG MP5. It's better in everyway. |
 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 8:00:55 PM
|
How bout a Batman costume, scare the hell out of the enemy or at least freak them out. 
 |
 |
|
|
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private

Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 10:05:57 PM
|
I do enjoy the avant garde approach. Why dress like everyone else? Camo pajamas are SO last season!
 |
 |
|
|
doofus333
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 10:16:52 PM
|
| i go naked. it makes carrying extra magazines....uncomfortable. but it has a major advantage: if i run out of ammo, i can pee on their faces. i say that counts as a kill. |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 09/01/2005 : 10:38:42 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by Downtown1
How bout a Batman costume, scare the hell out of the enemy or at least freak them out. 

Hehehe....OMFG that is funny |
 |
|
|
the ROOB
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 09/01/2005 : 10:59:33 AM
|
heh. I like that clown costume, definately would give opponents a critical moment of pause you could use to your advantage.
on less funny, more helpful note, the UTG with a 10pack of STAR locaps, a chinese AK47 chest rig (which fits 6 mp5 mags and two kruz-type hicaps perfectly) and a set of decent goggles is all you need and can be got for under 200 bucks. german, dutch and 'other' BDU's can be found at sportsmans guide or cheaperthandirt for under ten (used)
get what you NEED first (weapon, mags, a way to hold mags) and worry about stylistic impressions (deltaforce, navyseal, superhero, hobo-clown, mime ect..) after you play some skrims and decide to stick with it.
In my experience with all different sports (surfing, kayaking, p-ball) people respect a good team player with **** gear more than a **** player with lots and lots of great gear.
just my two cent
ROOB |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 09/01/2005 : 12:21:05 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by the ROOB
heh. I like that clown costume, definately would give opponents a critical moment of pause you could use to your advantage.
on less funny, more helpful note, the UTG with a 10pack of STAR locaps, a chinese AK47 chest rig (which fits 6 mp5 mags and two kruz-type hicaps perfectly) and a set of decent goggles is all you need and can be got for under 200 bucks. german, dutch and 'other' BDU's can be found at sportsmans guide or cheaperthandirt for under ten (used)
get what you NEED first (weapon, mags, a way to hold mags) and worry about stylistic impressions (deltaforce, navyseal, superhero, hobo-clown, mime ect..) after you play some skrims and decide to stick with it.
In my experience with all different sports (surfing, kayaking, p-ball) people respect a good team player with **** gear more than a **** player with lots and lots of great gear.
just my two cent
ROOB
Know why the Brits and the French switched to Khaki and Horizon blue for their uniforms early 20th Century? As to the player, I agree with you. I used to piss off guys with $600-$1000 rigs with my Tippman Prolite and even saved more money since I didn't just piss p-balls every game. Sometimes one mag/reservoir would last 3 skirmishes/games with at least 4-8 kills per game. My problem was I loved maneuvering and charging instead of just sitting back and ambushing or spraying at people. Speed ball usually ate up a lot of balls though. |
 |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/01/2005 : 3:04:49 PM
|
Thanks you guys the clown joke was pretty funny as well as batman joke. Where can I find a ak-47 chest rig? |
 |
|
|
the ROOB
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 10:46:25 AM
|
check ebay, gun shows, flea markets, army navy stores... ect.
I used to see these things all the time at army navy stores and gun shows but when I went searching for one recently, I found them quite hard to find. Ebay has this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/AK-CHEST-RIG-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ6557210362QQcategoryZ74712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
they are sometimes refered to as chi-com chest rigs, chinese chest harness, ak-47 mag harness... ect, so be creative when you search. 20 is about the going rate for these in brand-new-never-been-used-still-smells-like-rice-condition, so don't pay more than that for it (some 'authentic vietnam reinactor' web site sell these things for like 70 dollars to people with more money than google skills).
Hope that helps. ROOB |
 |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 10:51:34 AM
|
| Yeah it did thanks. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|