Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 UTG MP5 Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  01:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1094&osCsid=dc69344f76c214addab8e877e6d9e72d

I'm not sure how accurate that description is,but from that sounds of it, that is one mean chinese LPEG on the market Hopefully, like someone previously mentioned, the price will drop down to Both Elephant AUG prices, so it is more affordable.

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  01:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Heh. They used LPEG.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  02:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah i got one and its up to par with my TM. So this means theres gonna need to be some price drops or Chinesse AEG's will take over.
Go to Top of Page

BamBoozleD
Sergeant

Member Since: 09/01/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  03:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit BamBoozleD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dont think this gun fits in LPEG, its for sure to be a Low Priced AEG. When I get this in I will compare it to a modified CA mp5a5, stock src sr4, and Be Aug. My sister's fiance got me into this and I got my friend into it, he has the sr4. I have both ca mp5 and be aug.
Go to Top of Page

aguyfromthewest
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit aguyfromthewest's Homepage  Click to see aguyfromthewest's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is an AEG, why do people think it's an AEG?
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  12:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aguyfromthewest

This is an AEG, why do people think it's an AEG?



Stock FPS >than 240

LPEG-Low Powered Electric Gun
AEG- Automatic Electric- Should be changed to HPEG and The AUG and GB MP5s should be categorized as MPEG due to 150-230 FPS range
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  6:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They didn't call the UTG MP5 an LPEG, they called it an AEG. It's just nice to see my word spreading. =)
Go to Top of Page

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*cough**cough* your word? lol.

Man I hope more companies like SRC and UTG make more lower priced AEGs so the higher quality manufactuers will be forecd to do something about it. That would be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is a good review and I hope it's not biased to make sales better. And I'mhappy to see JSG's word spreading too. Everyone uses it now!
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's obviously not MY word. I don't own it or anything. And yeah, these cheaper AEGs are gonna change the market.
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh thank you JSG for clearing up that guns that DONT HAVE LOW POWER dont fit into the category of LOW POWERED electric guns. Once i get this gun ill have a total swat weapon set. Maybe get a pistol, but im not into gas guns. I have my UTG 870 which i modded and looks close to an M3, which is widely used in SWAT operations, and I will have the UTG mp5 soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just think... TM might even have MP5's around the 150 area in the near future!

This means I wouldn't have to wait for christmas/birthday to get another high end gun!
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know people probably used LPEG before, just not as often because there weren't as many LPEGs before. Now this is a LPAEG since everyone uses AEG for high powered guns, LP in LPAEG should stand for low priced. Therefore LPAEG = Low Priced AEG! Wow...
Anyway, I hope that more low priced high powered, upgradeable guns come out. And the price drops to at least $60-70. They would make a fortune selling them, everyone would buy them.
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woops, well, anyways, there is a great review of this in the AEG section. Lets all thank Chinese reverse engineering here!! YAY!!! Jeez, if this came out 2 months before i thought of getting an AEG, i would've gotten this. I ended up getting a TM P90 TR, which i love of course, but i find it a little ......too.....dominating for my tastes CQB vs a Both Elephant AUG? Yup.

Now there is NO reason why money would be an issue if you want to pick up a nice AEG from UTG. If you have around 120 dollars to spend on a Maruzen CA870 shotty +accessories, then you can get the UTG.
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's an AEG. No need to make more acronyms.
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. It's too confusing to noobs. But it is a Low Priced AEG. And that's what it shall be called.... or at least a lower priced AEG.
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. I think i'll be getting one. Maybe.. It's annoying having to replace gears, but I don't want to give myself an unfair advantage.
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  7:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This gun is meant for AEG battles. At least stock AEG battles that is. Especially without upgrading this. JSG, what type of guns do you go up against? You're not thinking of getting it for LPEG battles are you? Shooting 100 ft at 285 FPS is definately an unfair advantage in LPEG battles.
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree, i dont think it would be that much fun. I think you should get the gun, show them, then tell them the price. They might be so amazed that they go ahead and buy it. I am, and im going to.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  8:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got mine today unexpectedly. I only ordered it 2 days ago.

Let me just say OMFG this thing is awesome. Haven't shot it yet but I compared it to the Marui and it compares well.

Which is which?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well the top is the UTG and the bottom is the Marui.

The UTG has metal sling mounts (front and back)
Metal trigger,selector switch,both mag releases and that RIS rail. If this thing lasts a while ( no reason why it shouldn't, stock at least)
Marui has got some serious competition. It is solid to but my franken gun beats it in weight. That's all for now and a quick look-see for you drooling for this. I might even get another for more franken goodness.

I forgot to add the Cocking handle is also metal so bitch-slap away. Remember though that the metal is a diecast metal and not the high strength structural metal that are aluminum alloys or steel used in real guns
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  9:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fool, yeah, all I play against is LPEGs. If I get this, i'll probably sell it again like my P90.
Go to Top of Page

gregmattersen
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit gregmattersen's Homepage  Send gregmattersen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
^^^^ I agree. I'm actually holding onto my AUG even though I'm getting the UTG gun, so I can play with both LPEG's and AEG's.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  9:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregmattersen

^^^^ I agree. I'm actually holding onto my AUG even though I'm getting the UTG gun, so I can play with both LPEG's and AEG's.



Aug not fair against Lpegs and somewhat competitive against AEGs. AEG power in CQB is going to piss me off and someone is going home crying to Mommy. Lpegs are perfect for that environment.
Go to Top of Page

gilla409
Private

USA
Member Since: 07/16/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  01:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit gilla409's Homepage  Send gilla409 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok, i'm definately getting one of these.

i'm just wondering if i could put the hicaps that come with the utg in the metal shells of my gb mp5, cuz i really dont like the way the short mp5 mags look.

would this be a complete pain in the ass, or does it seem doable?
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  10:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont beleive that putting the high cap in the GB metal mag body is possible because the UTG high cap is of the wind up variety and there would be no place to put the clock work mechanism. If you want a regular looking metal hicap for your UTG you can just get a marui hi-cap. If you wanted a hi-cap for your Golden Bow, well I 'm pretty sure you're screwed.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

darthbudge
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  10:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit darthbudge's Homepage  Send darthbudge an AOL message  Send darthbudge a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sgtwiltan did you get regular shipping or 3 day?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 28.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000