| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
cliffo1
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 01/28/2006 : 1:49:10 PM
|
| Can you use Green Gas in any of their guns, without harming the gun itself? Or else do you have to stick with HFC 134a? |
|
|
cyphre
Private
USA
Member Since: 01/13/2006 |
Posted - 01/28/2006 : 2:38:37 PM
|
| Seems to work perfectly fine in all my guns. Supposedly it degrades durability faster though but I haven't had any tanakas fail on me yet. Which gun are you talking about in particular? |
 |
|
|
Xplosive
General
    

USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003 |
Posted - 01/28/2006 : 2:54:38 PM
|
| Tanaka guns are NBB, the only thing that would degrade would be the magazine as far as I can figure. I used GG in my old K98 without any problems. |
 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 01/28/2006 : 3:26:41 PM
|
I would Not reccomend using Green Gas in a Tanaka, but I Would reccomend using propane. You would be accurate to quickly point out that the two gases are 99.7% the same, but if you can, propane is better because it doesn't have silicone.
Duster or propane both work great in my Tanaka guns -- the mag seals need a tad more attention with higher pressure gas, but it performs great with propane, and I see no reason to question the durability.
Also, a mix of propane and duster loses you about 20fps, but gains you another 8-9 shots per mag. |
 |
|
|
Erich
Private

USA
Member Since: 10/19/2005 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 9:58:07 PM
|
| what about red gas?? how is that going to affect the gun and what is the magazine limits inrespect to gas |
 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 10:50:22 PM
|
| It's a lot of pressure, you're a lot more liable to have light strikes, and honestly, the muzzle velocity gain isn't worth it unless you've upgraded the barrel, hopup, bedded the gun well, and are using very heavy BBs. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|