| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
rag order
Private
Member Since: |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 08:00:20 AM
|
Hey, fellas. I have got my eye on a heavily modded CA based M24 SWS with all PDI internals and an aliminum barrel/receiver. It's got around 500fps, but my question is what is the cocking on a 500fps Spring rifle like, can it still be cocked easily enough in the prone position with the weapon in the shoulder. This seems like the right place to ask. Cheers |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 09:11:10 AM
|
If you weight under 150lbs, it's going to be a bit of effort, otherwise, it should be just fine.
Remember, feed it happy BBs! |
 |
|
|
rag order
Private
Member Since: 02/01/2006 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 09:28:11 AM
|
Cheers, mate. I am 200 pounds, and did 9 years in the british army, so it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem. I just wasn't sure after not having any experience of airsoft spring sniper rifles. Thanks for the advice though, bud. |
 |
|
|
Canadian_Stalker
Captain
 
![]()
Canada
Member Since: 01/18/2004 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 1:35:57 PM
|
| Sound be a complete joke for you then. I originally had a CA 300% spring in mine, was a real tit to cock from prone, eventually got a real PDI 300% for it, had to cut it down cuz it literally was wrecking my gun (kept smashing my hop up unit forward, ripping the screw out) and also could only cock it by pointing it down while standing (I'm 170lbs). And it only shot out at about 505fps. Then I bought a Laylax 150SP, spits out at a happy 515fps, and it a complete joy to pull the bolt back, even when prone. |
 |
|
|
Stealth Killer Hamster
Sergeant


Member Since: 04/11/2005 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 6:02:49 PM
|
| the ca 300% is a menace to pull back if you dont have a good technique, the laylax is pretty nice, its all about the technique of pulling the bolt. you get used to it. |
 |
|
|
rag order
Private
Member Since: 02/01/2006 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 01:30:32 AM
|
| Cheers for the feedback, guys. One last question, and I hope I don't sound like a complete mong, but what's a Laylax 150SP? |
 |
|
|
Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 08:22:49 AM
|
| Its a spring. It will give roughly 500fps. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|