Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 xm8 aginst tm xm177
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

airsoft20500
Private



Member Since:

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoft20500's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am choosing one of these which has better range the springer or the be xm8

airsoftb4paintball
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoftb4paintball's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would chose the Tm xm177. I know that the tm will have more range than the xm-8, but does not have full auto capabilities. If you want a strong, accurate, durable, and all around good gun then go for the Tm. If you really want a full auto gun then i would get the xm-8, but know that it isnt as powerful and as accurate. Personally i would get the TM.
Go to Top of Page

airsoft20500
Private



Member Since: 10/12/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoft20500's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how about the matrix ak47 black does it have good range? i would like a lpeg that goes farther the the tm and utg ive had a utg broke(maybe a lemon). any sugestions if nothing has longer lange than the tm i will just get that


thx
Go to Top of Page

Mig1
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  06:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mig1's Homepage  Click to see Mig1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought the XM177 was out of production, but I just checked and it is still on Marui's website. But then again so is the SG550 and SG551.

The XM177 will cost about twice as much as the XM8 and has a different hop up, body, barrel, and some gearbox differences from the non A1 based M16 series.

If you get a metal body on the XM177 you will pretty much have to rebuild the entire gun becuase you will need a new just about everything.

EDITED: Oh, I just noticed you meant the spring, not the AEG. My bad. I have no experiance with the springer, though I have had several friends with the AEG.
Go to Top of Page

sidewinder
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/21/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit sidewinder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I own a BE xm8 and it is a great gun. The quality controll was a little sparadic however, so you may end up needing to put a few things back together. (a pin might fall out or something) Its power it about the same as most every springer rifle I have shot that was not a sniper style weapon, and it accuracy is the same. I would suggest the xm8 since you get the full auto option and I know it is a good gun.

With regards to the ak. I own a "matrix" full metal ak LPEG and I have no idea if it is the same gun you are talking about. The gun I have is AWESOME! The fit and finish of the gun are as nice as a mauri (i am not kidding) so considering that I would have been happy if they sent me a hollow gun. The internals are plastic and seem to be made of lower quality that the BE even, but that is ok because I am almost sure that I can put a TM gearbox in. I plan on running the thing into the ground untill it breaks and the dropping a TM box and barrel in it so I will bassically have a full metal TM AK. Oh, and the plastic fake wood furnature is very good also and it is high quality plastic comperable to the TM ak as well.

The ak's range/power is less than the BE XM8's however. About 240 fps from the AK and 260-270 out of the XM8. (Just my guess I dont have a crono)
Go to Top of Page

Professor K
Major



USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Professor K's Homepage  Send Professor K an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The XM8 shoots 270-280fps, and has adjustable hop-up, full auto, and cheap mags. So, I'd say the BE XM8 is the best choice.
Go to Top of Page

t3hPerson
Sergeant



Member Since: 04/09/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  2:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit t3hPerson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd definitly say get the XM8. Power of a TM AEG vs. power of a TM Springer. Though of course the XM8 isn't anywhere near the quality of a TM AEG, it still shoots about the same.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000