Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 .12g vs .2g, consequences of the wrong one?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarkNinja75
Private



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarkNinja75's Homepage  Send DarkNinja75 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know it says only .2g bbs for my gun, but I've got about five thousand .12 bb's for my spring loaders that I never use. If I was to use .12g bb's in my XM8, what would happen? I expect the worst would be the bb's exploding in the barrel, but that seems unlikely...
So I'm wondering why it says .2g bb's exclusively.

Ragged Hole
Private



Member Since: 12/19/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ragged Hole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will no hurt your gun but it will make you wonder why you cant hit what your aiming at. Your hop up is set for .2s, therefore if you use a lighter bb like a .12 you will drastically overhop your target sending your bb into space. But there is nothing wrong with using .12 gram in your gun. It will no hurt it, u just wont be able to hit what your aiming at.


- Ragged Hole
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I've seen .12g shatter inside the barrel of a ICS mp5sd5. It was the crosman .12g, yellow ones. I would never recommend using cheap ammo like that ever. I use Guarder or Excel only, sometimes KSC. And even then, .2 - .28 none of that .12 crap.
Go to Top of Page

Ragged Hole
Private



Member Since: 12/19/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ragged Hole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Syphen, yes if you are using a VERY high powered gun, some cheap bbs can shatter. But he has a xm8 which is not powerful enough to do what you mentioned. I imagine the only guns capable of doing that are above 400 fps.


- Ragged Hole
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  09:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The other problem is that cheapie .12s are not seamless and they have the sprue nipple not ground off. The best .12s Iv'e found and used with no problems are the KSC perfect .12s. Otherwise a BB is just a BB unless it's too heavy to be moved out of the barrel before the next firing cycle.

The XM8 barrel also has enough tolerance to fire through most of the BBs you already have but if they are the nipply kind, they might tear up your hop up rubber.
Go to Top of Page

DarkNinja75
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  7:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarkNinja75's Homepage  Send DarkNinja75 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I decided to test it out. You're right about the accuracy thing. Over distance the weight difference makes the .12's go way off target, but within about 30 feet they're fine. And I have no fear of my .12's exploding in the barrel. Hitting a target none of them split, while about 1 in 10 of my .2's will break apart.
Go to Top of Page

parrots
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  7:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit parrots's Homepage  Send parrots an AOL message  Reply with Quote
.12 will not explode
and it has a adjustable hop not a fixed so you could change it if you wanted to
Go to Top of Page

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i usually just go to my local Wal-Mart and by from Cybergun .20g's in the 2000rnd bottle for like 5bucks. really cheap and walmart if pretty close.. they are polished enough, no seams, and havent jammed my gun yet. only con is that the bottles that they come in are uber cheap and once i dropped one in the kitchen, bottle cracked, and 1000+bb's rolled all over.. that sucked
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000