Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 SRC M4 Tightbore Barrel on M83/Freedom Fighter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lazarus
Sergeant



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. I was thinking of ressurecting my DE M83, and I wanted to install the SRC M4 tightbore barrel.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Will it work?

Thomme
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomme's Homepage  Send Thomme an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Which model is the DE M83, I'm not sure what it is. But, if I were you, before investing in a tightbore SRC barrel, I'd measure the volume of the cylinder in the DE M83, then figure out the volume of the SRC Barrel. If the volume of the cylinder is less than the barrel's volume, you will suffer from barrel suck, and it WILL put a dampner on all your fun.
Go to Top of Page

Lazarus
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The DE M83 is also known as the Neonfire Freedom Fighter. It is an M4-style lpeg. The default barrel is not as long as the SRC M4, so the barrel suck issue might come into play.

Anyone know for sure?

edit: corrected topic to reflect Freedom Fighter aswell.
Go to Top of Page

Thomme
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomme's Homepage  Send Thomme an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, if you have the Freedom Fighter open, just measure the volume of the cylinder. I think the formula will be the pi times radius squared times length of the cylinder

here, it's ð*r2*h = volume of a cylinder

then do the same for the SRC barrel. If the volume of the cylinder is equal to or more than the barrel, you're gold.
Go to Top of Page

Lazarus
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*scratches head*

[edit] I think i'll fill the compression chamber with water and then poor it into the tightbore and see if it fills up.
Go to Top of Page

Thomme
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomme's Homepage  Send Thomme an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus

*scratches head*

[edit] I think i'll fill the compression chamber with water and then poor it into the tightbore and see if it fills up.



I'm not so sure that that'll work... measure liquid inside the space my be very difficult, due to the fact that the cylinder isn't really made to hold water... but, whatever floats your boat.
Go to Top of Page

Lazarus
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it's too big, I can always chop off the end.

i'm more concerned if it will actually fit in the lpeg's hopup. does anyone know if it will?

edit: i do appreciate your help Thomme, you've given me something else to consider.
Go to Top of Page

Professor K
Major



USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  6:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Professor K's Homepage  Send Professor K an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never been able to open the hop-up unit to get the barrel out... But, the volume of the cylinder is way less than an M4 barrel, so you're going to have to drill holes in the end of the barrel to not get barrel suck
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  09:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check sgtwiltans thread on lpeg statistics, it has all the data U need. I think somewhere about 200 millimetres is the magic number. I actually made a "tightbore" from stock 6 mm alu pipe into my "frankengun" that started life as a Cyma Mp5 and it seems to work
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000